Employee advocacy has become an increasingly important aspect of public relations strategies in recent years. In today’s digital age, employees have the ability to amplify a company’s message and reach a wider audience through their personal social media accounts. This has led to a shift in the way companies approach their PR strategies, as they now recognize the value of having their employees act as brand ambassadors.
What is Employee Advocacy?
Employee advocacy is the promotion of a company’s brand, products, or services by its employees. It involves empowering employees to share company content on their personal social media accounts, as well as encouraging them to engage with followers and respond to comments. By doing so, employees can help to increase brand visibility and credibility, as well as drive traffic to the company website.
The Benefits of Employee Advocacy
- Increased Reach: Employees have the potential to reach a wider audience than the company’s official social media accounts. This is because their personal networks may include people who are not following the company’s social media accounts.
- Increased Credibility: People are more likely to trust information shared by someone they know, rather than a company’s official social media account. By having employees share content, the company can increase its credibility and build trust with potential customers.
- Increased Engagement: When employees share content on their personal social media accounts, it can spark conversations and encourage followers to engage with the company. This can lead to increased engagement and ultimately, more leads and sales.
Integrating Employee Advocacy into PR Strategies
Integrating employee advocacy into PR strategies involves several steps:
- Identify Key Employees: Identify employees who are active on social media and have a strong following. These employees are more likely to have an impact on the company’s social media reach.
- Provide Training: Provide employees with training on social media best practices, as well as guidelines for sharing company content. This will ensure that employees are sharing content in a way that aligns with the company’s messaging and branding.
- Create Shareable Content: Create content that is shareable and relevant to employees’ networks. This could include blog posts, infographics, or videos.
- Encourage Engagement: Encourage employees to engage with followers and respond to comments. This will help to build trust with potential customers and increase engagement.
Employee advocacy has become an essential component of PR strategies in today’s digital age. By empowering employees to act as brand ambassadors, companies can increase their reach, credibility, and engagement. By integrating employee advocacy into PR strategies, companies can stay ahead of the curve and build a stronger brand presence in the digital space.